+353 (0)64 663 1068
+353 (0)64 663 1068
The no. 1 day tour in Killarney... for 250 years!
The no. 1 day tour in Killarney… for 250 years!
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the tour operate?
Can you walk through the Gap of Dunloe?
Can we be collected by bus?
Is the tour weather permitting?
Yes but please phone us on +3538 87 23907 23 if unsure on the day.
Is a tour of Ross Castle included?
Is lunch provided?
Is the pony/trap included in the price?
What is a Pony/Trap?
How far in advance do we need to book?
What type of clothing should we wear?
Is there a Student/Family rate?
Is there an alternative to walking up through the Gap of Dunloe?
- By bicycle, which can be brought from Ross Castle (only) in the boat.
- By Pony/Trap which are available to rent at the beginning of the tour at Kate Kearney’s Cottage. Pony & traps are also available at Lord Brandon’s Cottage should you decide to start the trip at Ross Castle in the morning.
What is it like to cycle through the Gap of Dunloe?
What time does the boat leave Ross Castle for Walkers/Cyclists?
10.30am. We ask our guests to be there at 10.15am.
Can we rent bicycles from you?
How long does the boat trip take?
Approximately one and a half hours depending on water levels and weather conditions.
Can we leave our car where we meet the bus?
What major sights of the Killarney area can we see?
- Kate Kearney’s Cottage
- The Gap of Dunloe
- The McGillycuddy’s Reeks (The highest mountain range in Ireland)
- Lord Brandon’s Cottage
- The Three Lakes of Killarney
- The Meeting of the Waters and Dinis Cottage
- Bricin Bridge
- Inisfallen Island
- Ross Castle
There are also plenty of opportunities to see some of the local wildlife including; The largest herd of Red Deer in Ireland and the White-tailed Sea Eagles which have been recently re-introduced to the area.
What people have to say…
Liz, Waterloo, Canada
Rehclass, Westminster, California
O'Donoghue Bros Boating Ltd t/a Killarney Day Tour,
Muckross Road, Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland • Tel: +353 (0)64 663 1068 or +353 (0)64 663 3483 • Fax: +353 (0)64 663 5583